If you’ve been a relationship or a marriage long, chances are that you’ve already hit the major “jewelry” milestones: the engagement rings, the anniversary earrings, and so on. Although your spouse or significant other still loves jewelry, you find it hard to find a gift that recaptures the “wow” factor of previous gifts.
Don’t get stuck in a gift-giving rut, especially when it comes to jewelry. Every item of jewelry should be special—it should have its own story and it should bring something unique to the jewelry box. That’s why a good jeweler doesn’t stop at the so-called “big-ticket” items of jewelry: they instead provide something for everybody. Here are some alternative gifts to consider when you’re all ringed and earringed out:
- No matter the sex of the recipient, a well-thought out gift of a watch can be incredible. There are masculine watches and feminine watches, of course, but if you browse our own product list, you’ll find that watches reach the whole gamut of tastes and styles. Watches still represent a powerful way to keep time in our day and age while adding to the style factor of our outfit. And if you purchase the right watch, you’ll find that it’s versatile enough to wear with just about anything.
- Check out our available chains and you’ll see what we mean when we say that chains can be potentially the most versatile items in an entire wardrobe. A gold chain, for example, fits with just about any outfit, adding to the “dressiness” of an occasion without distracting from the outfit itself. And because chains are so versatile, they actually just may be the one gift in your jewelry box that ends up getting the most use, which means that they’re a wise investment in addition to being a beautiful piece for your jewelry box.
- Necklaces are a common gift, sure, and for good reason. They’re ubiquitous because they’re a great way to accent an outfit and up the glamor factor. Pendants are no different. Like necklaces, they go around the neck. Like necklaces, they’re meant to be seen. But unlike necklaces, pendants tend to have more of a style statement to make. They’re the highlights of an outfit rather than an accent.
- We categorize charms along with pendants here at Colucci’s because they’re so similar. The idea, after all, is the same: highlight a piece that you wear around your neck in order to pull an outfit together. Charms do that with ease.
- When was the last time you bought anyone a bracelet? Believe it or not, this classic piece can be a great alternative to the usual rings and earrings, commemorating events like birthdays and anniversaries in style.
No matter what the taste of your significant other, chances are you can find a great gift out of any one of these categories. Browse our selections here and see if you get any ideas for that next big day in you and your spouse’s lives.