There’s just one problem: you’re plum out of ideas.
Luckily, that’s what your friendly local jeweler is here for: to help you come up with a great Christmas gift idea that won’t break the bank but will inspire ooh’s and ah’s when the big day arrives. Here are a few of our favorite Christmas gift suggestions:
Gifts For Her
The unique challenge in buying a jewelry gift for your girlfriend, fiancé, or wife is that you want to find something that suits her individual taste but isn’t very much like what she already owns. It’s a difficult prospect, to be sure, but we find that subtle twists will help differentiate your gift from all the rest:
- Gemstone Bracelets give you an opportunity to be thoughtful (picking the right gemstone–either one she loves or perhaps a gemstone related to her birthday) as well as offering her a piece of jewelry that she’ll actually be able to wear on a semi-regular basis. Bracelets that feature rubies, sapphires, or citrine immediately differentiate themselves.
- Pendants are a touch different than your standard necklace faire and offer plenty of opportunities for customizing the gift to the recipient. A cross for a deeply spiritual significant other, a fashion pendant for a fashion-forward wife–all of the options are there. You just have to match the pendant to the personality.
- Earrings are one of the most ubiquitous gifts for good reason: they’re attractive and they get worn all the time. You can make an ambitious gift of them with diamonds or even go the gemstone route again.
Gifts for Him
It’s commonly thought that men don’t like jewelry. Hogwash. Open any men’s magazine and you’ll see advertisements for watches and other accessories. But you do have to find something that will suit your boyfriend, fiancé, or husband’s personality. If they’re usually more of a “minimalist,” we guarantee you can find something that will suit their taste:
- Watches are a great gift for the man in your life because they’re timeless. Even in this digital age of ours, watches are considered one of the most important accessories for a man to own, elevating an ordinary outfit into something else entirely. If your significant other is a little less flashy and a little more utilitarian, you could even get them an athletic watch with plenty of functions.
- Man men wear simple necklaces, including religious necklaces, to keep their most honored values close to their heart–both figuratively and literally.
Matching the Gift to the Recipient
One of the most difficult parts about gifting jewelry for Christmas is to make sure you can keep a surprise while still matching the gift to the recipient’s taste. It’s tempting to simply ask them what they want, but that spoils the surprise. However, picking out a surprise gift runs a higher risk of being returned.
We recommend paying attention to your significant other’s tastes. Really pay attention to the kind of accessories they actually wear the most, and try to find something that matches that kind of style without serving as a carbon copy.